Position: Mammogram Technician
Location: Walnut Imaging Center, Walnut, MS
Schedule: 2 Days/Week (16 Hours/Week); Potential for growth
Summary: The Mammography Technician is expected to perform high quality Mammographic images. This shall be accomplished within the positioning guidelines of the department and following all accepted radiation safety procedures. The Mammography Technician will also take part in Quality Improvement and Quality Control activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greets patients by confirming patient identification, reviewing imaging requests, checking for special instructions, and confirming anticipated service with patients.
- Obtains patient history, prior films/reports, and any other supportive role information that is needed (RIS/PACS, burn discs.)
- Works with mammogram letters (results/reminders)
- Keeps mammography supplies and patient drapes ready by inventorying stock and placing orders.
- Creates and maintains patient records and files according to required procedures.
- Develops and evaluates the film for technical quality.
- Attends in-service classes, workshops, meetings, and seminars as scheduled.
- Maintains professionalism in appearance, communications, and interactions with others.
- Notifies supervisor/clinic in a timely manner if unable to attend work. Fill out the appropriate forms as directed for annual/sick leave time.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Graduate of the AMA Approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- ARRT registered in good standing, both in Radiography and Mammography.
- State license and/or registration, if required
- Certification and clinical experience in Mammography.
- CPR Certified and ability to maintain on an annual basis.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in the field of Radiology, including 1 year performing mammograms.
- Ability to assimilate changes in technical Radiographic settings.
North Mississippi Primary Health Care, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying