Position: Family Nurse Practitioner
Summary: Nurse Practitioner shall be responsible for providing direct care to patients across the lifespan who seek professional health services at any North Mississippi Primary Health Care, Inc. clinic.
Essential Job Functions:
- In an organized approach, provides health promotion and disease prevention care and maintenance of chronic health problems to children and adults across the lifespan in the primary care setting.
- Conducts histories and physicals, develops appropriate plans of care based on patient need and the recognized standard of care and oversees the implementation of the plan of care.
- Accesses necessary patient information through various media and completes documentation of care in a legible and timely manner.
- Prescribes medication in compliance with the recognized pharmacological benefits to the patient.
- Assists the Chief Medical Officer and the Chief Quality Officer in the development of the clinical Health Care Plan and Health Promotion/Disease Prevention Program.
- Participates in all peer review staff meetings, clinical staff meetings, provider staff meetings, quality improvement meetings, and any other required meeting.
- Participates in the Employee Health Plan and In-service Orientation Programs.
- Participates in Quality Improvement monitoring by collaboration with physicians.
- Maintains professional licensure and board certifications and submits all required documents to the Chief Quality Officer.
- Follow the Clinical Staff By-Laws of NMPHC.
- Attend in-service, classes, workshops, meetings and seminars as scheduled.
- Maintain professionalism in appearance, communications, and interactions with others.
- Notifies supervisor/clinic in a timely manner if unable to attend work. Fill out the appropriate forms as directed for annual/sick leave time.
- Participate in health fairs or other programs assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
All Nurse Practitioners are hired with a primary site in mind, however, they are required to be approved by the Nursing Board at all sites to fill-in and rotate as needed when other providers are off duty.
Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Mississippi without restrictions
Must pass applicable background check and preemployment screening
Based on experience and at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer with the consent of the Board Personnel Committee.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying