Ashland Wellness Center Attendant
Wellness Center Attendants are primarily responsible for providing a clean, safe and helpful workout environment for the users of the Wellness Center, as well as provide assistance to those working out. Additionally, Fitness Attendants will be responsible for cleaning assigned areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure a safe workout environment through routine circulation of the floor
- Be able to answer basic fitness questions and have extensive knowledge of the equipment and proper workout technique
- Be available to set up any user on any piece of equipment or weight machine.
- Keep the fitness floor clean and make sure all weights are in their proper place
- Assist in making sure weight benches and machines remain in the proper location
- Clean equipment according to the assigned zone area
- Enforce all building policies and procedures.
- Execute emergency procedures when necessary
- Report any incident of injury, theft, or broken equipment to the Administration office
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and trainings
- Communicate effectively with and complete tasks assigned by the Chief Information Officer
- Communicate effectively with peers
- Confirm eligibility of users through our policies and computer system.
- Current American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid certifications or must obtain within thirty days of employment (NMPHC provided)
- Maintain a clean and safe workout environment
- Team oriented ideals, willingness to work hard, and a desire to learn
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Basic phone and computer skills.
This job operates in a gym and in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines and standard gym equipment, like weights, weight machines, treadmills, stationary bikes, ellipticals and other similar machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to stand; walk;
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 200 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. The Wellness Center will be open 7:00am until 6:00pm Monday through Friday. Saturdays 8:00am until 2:00pm.
North Mississippi Primary Health Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.