North Mississippi Primary Health Care, Inc.
Position: Nurse Practitioner
The Nurse Practitioner shall be responsible for providing direct care to patients across the lifespan who seek professional health services at any North Mississippi Primary Health Care, Inc. clinic.
Essential Job Functions:
- In an organized approach, provides health promotion and disease prevention care and maintenance of chronic health problems to children and adults across the lifespan in the primary care setting.
- Conducts histories and physicals, develops appropriate plans of care based on patient need and the recognized standard of care and oversees the implementation of the plan of care.
- Accesses necessary patient information through various media and completes documentation of care in a legible and timely manner.
- Prescribes medication in compliance with the recognized pharmacological benefits to the patient. Utilizes the Sliding Fee Program, the Pfizer Share the Care Program, and the 340 B Program as indicated by the patient necessity.
- Assist the Medical Director and the Clinical Services Coordinator in the development of the clinical Health Care Plan and Health Promotion/Disease Prevention Program.
- Participates in all peer –review staff meetings, clinical staff meetings, provider staff meetings, quality assurance meetings, and any other required meeting.
- Participates in the Employee Health Plan and In-service Orientation Programs.
- Participates in Quality Assurance monitoring by preceptor/oversight physician.
- Maintains professional licensure and board certifications and submit all required documents to the Program Administrator.
- Follow the Medical Staff By-Laws of NMPHC.
- Follow the Leadership Promise of NMPHC.
A. Attend in-service, classes, workshops, meetings and seminars as scheduled.
B. Maintain professionalism in appearance, communications, and interactions with others.
C. Notifies supervisor/clinic in a timely manner if unable to attend work. Fill out the appropriate forms as directed for annual/sick leave time.
D. Participate in health fairs or other programs assigned by the Executive Director.
E. Other reasonable duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
All Nurse Practitioners are hired with a primary site in mind; however, they are required to be approved by the Nursing Board at all sites to fill-in and rotate as needed when other providers are off duty.
Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Mississippi without restrictions.
Based on experience and at the discretion of the Executive Director with the consent of the Board Personnel Committee.
Clinical staff as indicated.
Executive Director – Attendance and Policy Purposes
Medical Director – Medical Supervisor
North Mississippi Primary Health Care, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.